Tuesday 6 September 2016

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 'I always strive to be exemplary and to live as a model for others'- Chelsea star Mikel Obi


Chelsea and Super Eagles star midfielder Mikel Obi says he is trying all his bests to live by example so as to ensure the Super Eagles younger players get enough motivation from him.
Mikel was one of the standout performers for Nigeria at the Rio Olympics and was also one of the best performance in the win over Tanzania last Saturday.
“I know how important the (qualifiers) are in our bid to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. That was the reason why I came for the Tanzania encounter which is a good preparation for the clash against Zambia. 
“We all must do our part. We should not continue to dwell on the past to move forward. We must put our house in order if we are to play in Russia, he said to Journalists. Being the leader now, I need to lead by example and I am sure when the young players see me running hard, they have to run twice harder. I always strive to be exemplary and to live as a model for others That’s the motivation that they have and I am sure they all have the same goal like me to go to the World Cup. ’’
The Nigeria captain added :
“I believe in the players I have seen here and I am sure with the right combination of experience and the youthful players we will have a good campaign. Going to the World Cup is our aim, we need to make sure we get there.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment